Paolo Gambino (IT)
Paolo Gambino was born in Turin on 3rd of January 1974.
He studied Dentistry at the University of Turin and during his studies he was president of the Italian Dental Students Association (A.I.S.O.). In July 2000 he graduated, presenting a thesis based on investigating the release of titanium ions in dental implant patients.
Between 2000 and 2003 was he assistent at the Prosthetic Department (Chairman: Prof. Giulio Preti) of the Turin Dental School (Turin University), where he tutored the 5th year students.
Beside his membership of the editorial committee of SICOI and of the external relationship committee of IAED, he is a speaker in several national and international congresses and courses.
Further he is co-relator in the Direct and Indirect Restorative Course held by Dr. Federico Ferraris lecturing about the periodontal involvements.
Currently he practices in his own dental office in Turin, and works as well as a consultant in several offices in Turin, Alessandria, Asti, Reggio Emilia and Como, practicing exclusively periodontology, implantology, and oral surgery.
Courses after graduation
- 2000, Implant Surgery Course at the New York University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York State.
- 2002 Tissue Engineering course at the Department of Periodontology directed by J.P. Fiorellini at Harvard University, Boston, Massachussetts.
- 2003 Annual Course of Periodontology by Dr. Stefano Parma Benfenati (Ferrara, Italy).
- 2004 Annual Course on Advanced Implant Surgery and Vertical bone augmentation by Prof. Massimo Simion, University of Milan, Italy.
- 2006 Annual Course on Fixed Prosthodontics by Dr. Domenico Massironi.
- 2011 Advanced Reconstructive Techniques in Implant Therapy course by Prof. Istvan Urban, Budapest, Hungary.
- 2012 Advanced Bone Reconstruction course by Prof. Fouad Khouri, Olsberg, Germania.
- 2013 Digital Smile Design course by Dr. Christian Coachmann and Dr. Andrea Ricci, Firenze
- 2014 Diagnosis and Periodontal Surgery annual course by Prof. Giovanni Zucchelli, Bologna
- 2014 GCP Certification - Good Clinical Practice, by Dr. Gudrun Denke
- Active Member of the Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (IAED)
- Active Member of the Italian Society of Oral Surgery and Implantology (SICOI)
- Affiliate of European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (EAED)
- Ordinary Member of the Italian Society of Periodontology (SIDP)
- Guided bone regeneration with and without a bone substitute at single post-extractive implants: 1-year post-loading results from a pragmatic multicentre randomised controlled trial.
- De Angelis N, Felice P, Pellegrino G, Camurati A, Gambino P, Esposito M.
- Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011 Winter;4(4):313-25.
- PMID: 22282729 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Interdental bone peak and papilla reconstruction using grow factor, a case report.
- In progress for publishing on International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry
- Behaviour of machined surface implants in post extractive sockets with and without bone substitutes: a multicenter randomized controlled clinical trial. In progress for pubblication.